Most small to medium sized businesses have tried advertising on two of the biggest social media networks Facebook and Instagram. And unless you are a seasoned social media marketer the ads tend to not deliver much in terms of results. Let’s discuss the main reasons behind why these ads fail.
- The message is muddled and doesn’t respond to any specific pain point a potential customer may have.
- The Ad doesn’t contain a “call to action” or has “too many calls to action” which detracts from the action!
- Consumers are tired of being sold to and scroll past your ad because it looks like an Ad!
- The image, carousel, slideshow or video presented doesn’t look appealing.
- The Ad uses stock image or photo and doesn’t come off as real or genuine.
- The budget is too small to compete with other businesses in your industry and area running ads.
- Your profile lacks regularly posted relevant content.
- The ad copy has too much text.
- The same ad runs across both platforms and the formatting looks off (i.e. hashtags, image/video sizing, call to action).
- No use of A/B split testing implemented to measure what works best.
When running Ads using this DIY approach it is crucial to use this as a learning experience. No one Ad will be perfect and work for your business the very first time. If you are struggling with Ad Copy, content creation ideas or setting up a proper funnel to generate leads, it may be worth it to get a second opinion on how you can improve your approach.
We offer a free social media presence and current Ad arsenal audit free of charge. Reach out to us on social media, email or call us to set up a time to review your current strategy today.